Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Madness to My Method -- Part Five

5. My strictly independent status and how I choose what to review.

I'm not shilling for any company, large or small. If an e-tailer is running some kind of special and I send you there and tell you to mention me, I'll also tell you exactly what I'm getting out of it. I'm not famous or anything like that and my reviews aren't done as part of a marketing campaign. I pay for almost everything I review; the only exceptions are freebies sent with orders or gifts from friends.

I choose what to review pretty much at random. I've got a hell of a backlog of samples to get through and there are a couple of things that can slow me down. I won't review anything while I have a migraine or while my sinuses are acting up. I occasionally have deadlines for fan fiction challenges and there are times when I just need to chill and do nothing but play City of Heroes/Villains.

I do participate in decant circles now and then and will try to review the Limited Edition scents in a timely manner so that they're still available when the post goes up.

* * *

New reviews soon, hopefully. I've had migraine issues and our a/c is still giving us grief. I'm crossing my fingers that the most recent fix holds.

0 comments: