Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cafe Mocha Sheep Soap (Goat's Milk) -- Gassner Custom Soaps

In the interests of giving soaps a fair shake, I'm going to try to use them for a week before reviewing them, unless the smell is Just Not For Me. So far I haven't run into anything that makes me say "run away!", but of course I'm picking out most of the soaps I'm using, so I'm getting a biased sample. :)

Offering you a piece of proof that it is, in fact, All Telesilla's Fault, let me show you something she sent me:



N'AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Sheep soaps! (As Telesilla knows, sheep are my favorite animal. What? They have wool, which you can knit! They are cute! They are lovable! They bleat cutely! There is nothing not to love.)

These are custom-made soaps from a local-ish soapmaker -- Gassner Custom Soaps, in Oregon. (I'm in Washington, Telesilla's in California. Local-ish!) You can find an option for ordering the adorable sheep soaps on Etsy. The ones I have are made using a Goat's Milk base, and one of them is Lemon Zest and the other is Cafe Mocha. In spite of the numerous soaps already in my shower, I opened up the Cafe Mocha one and sniffed.

MMMMMMMMMM!

Review: Goat's Milk Soap from Gassner Soaps
Scent: Cafe Mocha; SHEEP SHAPE!

First of all, I don't see how you can go wrong with a sheep-shaped soap. I just don't. That's as cute as it gets as far as I'm concerned. It's an adorable sheep with wool whorls all over! Love!

Look: The sheep soaps were tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, then put in little plastic bags with paper labels attached. Very professional, very cute, ingredients listed right on the label -- all touches that were greatly appreciated. Plus... SHEEEEEP! Many bonus points for sheep!

Feel: The goat's milk soap is a lovely, creamy, silky-smooth soap that lathers nicely (passes the loofa test) and rinses off nice and clean. It's a pleasure to use! Very soft, very smooth, gentle and non-drying on the skin. Thumbs up! It's not quite right for my face, but it's great everywhere else. :)

Ingredients: As explained on the website, the goat's milk soap contains the following: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin), Goats Milk, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide, (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Soy bean protein (conditioner), EDTA (water softener). And, of course, fragrance. :)

Lifespan: I allow all my soaps to drain and dry on wire racks or nubbly plastic ones (I have a very inexpensive one from Target that's working out great). This one looks like it's got a lifespan of a few weeks of very heavy use, or quite a bit longer if you're more conservative with your soaps than I am.

Scent: Holy cow, this smells amazing. It's a wonderful coffee/chocolate scent, a perfect mix of both. It lingers for a while after you use it, but not heavily; you can't smell yourself unless you're sniffing your hands or somesuch. It did make my husband sniff me, though!



Gassner Custom Soaps has a TON of other scent options. I'm looking forward to sniffing Lemon Zest, and I suspect I'll be ordering more (OMGADORABLE) sheep soaps further on down the line. :)

0 comments: