Sunday, August 17, 2008

Whipped Bubble Scrub from JoJoElle

It's not often that a product can make you totally rethink your thoughts on a whole product type, but that happened to me today!

See, I'd tried a sugar scrub before. The one I tried was an almond-scented body scrub from The Body Shop. It was heavy and thick, didn't spread, didn't dissolve, and didn't rinse off -- I had to take a second shower just to feel clean. I thought, okay, maybe sugar scrubs aren't what they're cracked up to be.

Ha! No, I just hadn't tried the right one yet. And what one was that? Well, the one I tried today was Lemon Wedding Cake Whipped Bubble Scrub from JoJoElle. (You can find a version of it directly from her, or you can get the double-set I got, with Lemon Wedding Cake and Key Lime Cake, from the Soap Box Company.)

First of all, it smells fantastic. Both the Key Lime Cake and the Lemon Wedding cake smell... well, exactly like their names. :) The lemon wedding cake brings back memories of really awesome lemon wedding cakes I've had, and it's a welcome indulgence for my on-hiatus sweet tooth.

Next step: trying it out. It's very, very scrubby, much more than I realized was possible in a sugar scrub! (That'll teach me to go for big-box retailers...) It went on nicely, lathered (that was a surprise!), and rinsed perfectly clean. I was utterly and totally thrilled!

Post-shower, I smell very very faintly of wedding cake. :D I don't mind it a bit. I feel clean and exfoliated -- this will be a great thing to keep in my shower and use weekly, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice sugar scrub. There are several flavors--er, scents--available at The Soap Box Company, so give them a look and see if there's one that suits you. :)

0 comments: